Monday, March 30, 2015

An Update - Where Have I Been?



It's been a long time since I've updated this blog and it feels really strange to be back on Blogger (I've moved on to Wordpress these days). I've been very busy with my other blog, Peek & Ponder. That blog just keeps growing and giving me opportunities I never thought I'd have. I'm very proud of the work I've done with it. Alongside that, I've been creating and listing items in my Etsy shop a lot lately. It feels good to take a step back from the computer to just create something physical with my hands.



I've been crocheting mostly. I like the way it looks, more so than loom knitting and I feel like I have more freedom with it. Loom knitting can be very limiting. I feel like I have so many more options with crochet.

My grandma used to crochet a lot - it was one of her passions. I inherited her crochet hooks when she passed on and I know she'd be really proud to see that I've put them to use. I still have a blanket she crocheted for me when I was a little girl. One side is baby pink and the other side is baby blue. It's something I'll always cherish. Using her hooks is bittersweet though. I love that I'm keeping the memory of her alive, but I wish she could be here to see what I've made and where I am in life. She saw me graduate high school, but didn't get to see me grow into an adult.

Moving forward, I'm not sure how much I'll be posting here. I want to update as much as I can, but my priority is my other blog. It's basically a business and I have to put most of my energy into it if I want it to be successful. Success does not come with minimal effort. I'm working day, night, and weekends, but still trying to have a life. The more I work, the more success and opportunities I get. And that means less time for side projects, like this blog.

 In my next post, I'll share some of the things I've crocheted lately. To stay updated on my creations, follow me on Instagram. I post pretty frequently there.
Also, check out my shop for new items!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis