Wednesday, July 11, 2012

DIY Bottle Decor




Who knew you could dress up a beer bottle and add it to your decor?! I was browsing through Pinterest and discovered an idea to wrap glass bottles with yarn. I have tons of yarn but I thought hemp cord was better suited for this particular project. I used my left over hemp cord from this project. Read on to find out how I made this:




Supplies:
  • An empty beer bottle (or you can use any other glass bottles)
  • Hemp cord
  • Hot glue gun + glue
  • Buttons (I got mine from Walmart in a little pack for under $2!)
  • Ribbon

First, you'll want to make sure you have all of your supplies and a covered surface to work on. You might need to drink a beer down real quick so you have an empty bottle to work with - I promise won't tell!

I took the labels off of mine so I had a clean surface to work with. Peel off as much of the label as you can. Then get it wet and scrub off the rest. It comes off pretty easily.


Next you'll want to start gluing down the hemp. I started mine from the top of the bottle and only glued down  a little at a time since the hot glue dries quickly. This part was pretty time consuming so don't hesitate to take a few breaks! You want to make sure the cord is glued down tight and close together so you don't see the bottle or glue.


Once the full bottle is covered you can then start adding the buttons (or anything else you may want to add - sequins, seashells, stones, beads, etc.). I used the hot glue to glue these in a random pattern at the bottom of the bottle.


The last step is to tie on a ribbon on the bottom of the neck and you're done! 



You now have a simple yet cute and unique decor piece!
Can't you imagine something similar used at a wedding? Too cute!

This was a fun little project and I basically had all of the supplies for it project already. It's very inexpensive  and doesn't require any fancy tools or special skills. Just be careful you don't burn yourself on the hot glue.

Are you going to try this project? What would you add to your bottle?


Find me here
Facebook: SparkleKnit

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis