Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Whimseybox - Feb 2013

Whimseybox is a monthly craft box. You get a box for $15, mailed to you every month with a project inside (as long as you're subscribed to the service). Keep reading to find out more.















The box itself was a good quality box. It even had a place to put a label so you can reuse it after the project was done.




I love this Pablo Picasso quote on the front of the box:




This is how it looked when I opened the box. Very pretty packaging!




Another cool quote on the back of the instruction card.




February's box contained supplies and instructions to make memo boards. It came with pinback buttons, colored rubberbands, wooden boards, a notepad, and 2 rolls of washi tape.

The instructions gave a couple ideas for what you could do to make a memo board, but I think the point was to just create a few how you wanted with the given supplies. 

I used all 3 boards for 3 separate memo boards. Here's how they turned out. 



I made one to hold business cards, one to hold the notepad, and one to display a picture (I chose a printed image of some yarn as an example). 

My Thoughts
I love the idea of a monthly craft box and I thought the packaging was done really well. I felt that the supplies for the project were lacking. For $15, I'd like something more. I felt like this was something I could've created with things around the house or from the dollar store. I would've liked more to work with or better quality supplies. This felt more like a kid project.  I'm not sure if it was worth $15, but it was my first month. I'd like to try another month or two to get a better feel for the service. On the website you can see other projects from other months and most of them look pretty cool. I'm excited to see what project comes in this month's box. 


Want to try it along with me? 



Have you signed up for Whimseybox? What do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis