Monday, February 11, 2013

Sewn Valentine's Tote Bag

This weekend I took on a different project than usual. Normally, I work with yarn to make all kinds of loom knit items. This time, I decided to do some work with my sewing machine. I found a pattern for a basic sewn tote bag and I knew right away that I wanted to make it. So, I took myself over to Jo-Ann and picked out some fabric. I picked a bright pink, a deep purple with golden dots, and a pale pink with white hearts.

It's a reversible tote with a pocket on the inside.





I love this bag! Even though it can be considered a Valentine's bag, I'm perfectly fine using it throughout the year. I think it will be perfect for day trips, carrying books/magazines, holding my knit projects, and many other things. When I was younger, I would've considered this the perfect bag to bring along on sleepovers. I wish I could've had it then!




Bag laying flat.



This is the little pocket on the inside.



Here's the strap. It's nice and sturdy.




Don't you love this fabric? It was 50% off! I love heart patterns and this one is very subtle and delicate.


This project was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it so much that I went back and got more fabric for additional totes like this! These would make great gifts and there are so many options for color combos that I could make a million of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis